• The Cave Bistro & Wine Bar: Built to resemble an underground wine cellar, this small plate-focused eatery in North Naples’ Galleria Shoppes at Vanderbilt has more than 20 wines by the glass and a full bar. Another bonus is that you can buy any bottle at Naples Wine Collection (the boutique it’s connected to) and drink it with your meal for a nominal corkage fee.
• Society: New modern American restaurant in Bell TowerShops in Fort Myers.
• The Wine Store: Finally open in Naples, offering boutique and cult labels from one of the country’s most well-recognized names in the world of wine.
• The Bowl: Naples’ açai emporium added a second location for its killer tropical fruit bowls and smoothies in the same plaza in downtown Naples off Goodlette-Frank as The Wine Store.
• Zoës Kitchen: The fast-casual Mediterranean chain that serves wine and beer in addition to its healthy pitas, salads and kabobs is now open at Mercato.
• Meridian Café: A new breakfast and lunch spot has opened in the same Naples strip mall on Pine Ridge Road and Livingston as Fernandez the Bull and Moura Bistro.
• The Rooster Food + Drink: The Carolina Catering Co. founder and the former executive chef of Veranda E are working to bring us Southern comforts with a healthful streak to Naples this December
• Nene’s Kitchen: As of Nov. 22, Naples will be getting the second location of this casual breakfast and lunch café that has been a hit on Marco for years (it is going into the old Loving Hut space on Pine Ridge Road near U.S. 41).
• Daniela’s, which effortlessly blended its owner’s mix of northern Italian, Hungarian and Romanian dishes, closed on Nov. 11 in North Naples. While Daniela Craciun decided to shutter the restaurant to spend more time with her family, she will still be cooking as a private chef in Southwest Florida.