Lee and Collier County Restaurants that opened or closed by mid-2017
- The French Brasserie Rustique on Fifth Avenue south – a slice of Paris with an indoor/outdoor bar and dining space
- True Food Kitchen in Waterside Shops – health-based with seasonal menu in a casual setting
Public House in North Naples
- Catch 41 Bar ’n’ Grill adjoining Ramada Inn in Naples
- The Warehouse Cuisine and Cocktails – Cameron Commons in Naples
- Divieto Ristroante -Coconut Point in Estero replaced Bice Grand Cafe
- Coffee Bar 239 – – Granada Shoppes in North Naples all-day gourmet stop for coffee, sandwiches, desserts and wine.
- Slicers Hoagies and Kruk’s Philly Steaks in North Naples. Slicers opened in February at Livingston and Pine Ridge roads, while Kruk’s launched in early April off of Naples Boulevard.
- The Palate Restaurant & Bar – opened in North Naples that formerly was home to Beach Tavern, IIWII Beach Bar & Grille and Mr. J’s Tavern.
- Charlie’s Seafood & Pub the former space of Cider Press Cafe in Piper’s Crossing off Immokalee Road in North Naples.
- Jeri Lu’s Kitchen is the new name for The Coupe, a breakfast-lunch eatery in Naples Towne Centre on U.S. 41 East in East Naples.
- Bon Appetit Mediterranean Bistro and Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar -Miromar Outlets in Estero.
- Spice Club Indian Grill opened in March in San Carlos Park.
- Bonita Bean coffee shop opened in April on Bonita Beach Road in Bonita Springs.
- Izzy’s Fish & Oyster and Downtown Social House opened in Fort Myers in June.
- Coastland Center mall Food Court in Naples
- Villa Italian Kitchen offers pizza, pasta
- Havana Sweet – serves coffee, panini, empanadas and Latin American cuisine from a kiosk in front of the merry-go-round.
- Le Manchot Crème Glacèe offers gelato and sherbet in a concourse kiosk near the mall’s food court.
- Restaurant Row expanded along Collier Boulevard at U.S. 41 East with Roadhouse, Chipotle Mexican Grill and Pei Wei Asian Diner
- Burntwood Tavern opened its first location outside of Northeast Ohio a few weeks ago, replacing the Rusty Bucket at Mercato in North Naples.
- Jacksonville-based Metro Diner opened in North Naples in January and Bonita Springs in May.
- Zoës Kitchen opened in Coconut Trace on U.S. 41 across from Coconut Point in Estero.
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop opened near Super Target off Immokalee Road in North Naples
Venue Naples isn’t a restaurant, but it occasionally is the venue for one. Home to their Crave Culinaire catering company it hosted its first pop-up restaurant in March. It’s in the former space of Manzanillo’s Cocina Mexicana and EVOO Market and Bistro on U.S. 41 in North Naples.
Goodbyes in Collier County:
- Masa in Mercado chose not to renew its lease
- Roy’s in Bayfront
- 1500 South by Chef Art Smith closed May 13 with plans to reopen this fall in Naples Bay Resort.
- Cafe Luna closed its Liberty Plaza location in Naples.
- China Buffet closed near Lely.
- Coastal Peruvian Seafood & Grill in Bed Bath & Beyond Plaza and Coffee Cup in Pebblebrooke Center.
- Pho Dai Loc Vietnamese Cafe in Golden Gate and The Anchor Bar & Lounge in East Naples.
- Sbarro quick-service pizzeria left Coastland Center mall’s food court in Naples.
- Starbucks coffee chain’s oldest location in Collier County ceased operations June 25 after operating for more than 15 years in the Shoppes at Audubon on U.S. 41 in North Naples.
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries closed its location on U.S. 41 East in East Naples.
- PrimoHoagies closed in University Plaza near Gulf Coast Town Center with plans to reopen soon as Kruk’s Philly Steaks.
Goodbyes in Lee County:
- Calistoga Bakery Cafe in Coastland Center and Gulf Coast Town Center
- Bar Louie and Burger 21 also in the Gulf Coast Town Center
- Blue Water Bistro and TAG closed in Coconut Point in Estero
- Larry’s Lunch Box – downtown Fort Myers location
- Sweet Odin’s Danish Bakery left Bonita Springs
- EO Burgers left Bell Tower Shops in south Fort Myers
- Stonewood Grill & Tavern closed in south Fort Myers