Naples is the 20th fastest growing city in America. Cape Coral-Fort Myers is even higher on the list, at No. 6.
According to financial news and opinion website 24/7 Wall St., Naples is now the 20th fastest growing city in America, with a population that rose by almost 11 percent over the past five years.
Nearly 30 percent of the area’s population is at least 65 years old, more than double the national population, with many baby boomers migrating to Florida’s warmer climates, and Naples in particular.
At the top of the heap is The Villages, also in Florida. It’s followed by Midland, Texas.
Here is the full list from 24/7 Wall St.:
1. The Villages, FL
2. Midland, TX
3. Odessa, TX
4. Austin-Round Rock, TX
5. Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC-NC
6. Cape Coral-Fort Myers, FL
7. St. George, UT
8. Bismarck, ND
9. Greeley, CO
10. Raleigh, NC
11. Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
12. Fargo, ND-MN
13. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sandford, FL
14. Charleston-North Charleston, SC
15. Auburn-Opelika, AL
16. Daphne-Fairhope-Foley, AL
17. Crest view-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, FL
18. Bend-Redmond, OR
19. Fort Collins, CO
20. Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL