Restaurant openings and closings in Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero FL
As is common in the month of May, a number of restaurants have closed and new dining options are available, or will soon be open for business in these Southwest Florida towns:
- Masa in the Mercado has closed after 5 years in the North Naples location. Owner D’Amico stated that parking issues in Mercado are mostly to blame.
- Roy’s restaurant at Naples Bayfront also closed this month after deciding not to renew its lease. However, Roys is still going strong at its Promenade at Bonita Bay location.
- Coastal Peruvian Seafood & Grill in North Naples has also recently closed.
- Sweet Odin’s Danish Bakery also closed this month after four years in its Bonita Springs location
- Blue Water Bistro in Estero has closed but owner Culinary Concepts states a new “extremely affordable” restaurant will open in the same location by this Fall. No further details are available.
- 1500 South after a little over a year in the Naples Bay Resort – is taking a summer vacation starting May 14th and will reopen in the fall with a new menu
- Henning’s Chicago Kitchen closed temporarily in April but is expected to reopen later this month after some menu changes.
New Restaurants for 2017
- Divieto is preparing to open in Coconut Point. The casual eatery will offer the same Italian-American fusion menu as its original Miami location, open for 5 years now in Doral.
- Metro Diner, while officially opening May 16th, will celebrate Mother’s Day weekend with special previews May 13-14. The Jacksonville-based chain restaurant, will feature a menu of all-day breakfast, lunch and dinner at their new Naples location.
- The Cafe at Bonita Beach is located in The Beach and Tennis Club, directly across from Doc’s Beach House. The casual cafe offers counter service for breakfast and brunch. Call for days and hours.
- Sharky’s Pizza Pub opened in January in the former space of Gatsby’s Pizza on Bonita Beach Road, offering a typical pizzeria/sports bar and grill menu.
- Antica Trattoria opened in November also on Bonita Beach Road. A family style restaurant with reasonable prices the varied menu was created by owner-chef Scotto, a culinary school graduate from Naples, Italy.