As Season arrives in SW Florida, so does the launch of local restaurants.
Some however do not make it in this competitive business so before you take off to visit your favorite dining spot, check below to see if it’s still there:
Naples Restaurant Closings
- Inca’s Kitchen on Collier Blvd
- Cider Press Cafe on Immokalee in North Naples.
However, Inca’s Kitchen in The Pavilion in North Naples and Cider Press in St Petersburg will continue in those other locations.
- Randy’s Fish Market in North Naples,
- Avenue5 on Fifth Avenue South.
Both will become new seafood restaurants this season.
- Stoney’s Steakhouse in Naples’ Bayfront
- La Bamba in Pine Ridge Crossing
- French American Bistro closed in North Naples
- Florida Kitchen in Miromar Outlets
- Royale Cafe Vinoteca on U.S. 41 in Naples.
- Let’s Yo! closed in the Galleria Shoppes at Vanderbilt in North Naples
Naples & Bonita Springs Restaurant Openings
- Aji Limon Peruvian Cuisine is opening in the former location of Inca’s Kitchen, in Collier Plaza.
- El Gaucho Inca, a popular Fort Myers restaurant will open a location (formerly Freds Food, Fun & Spirits) in Uptown Center off Immokalee Road in North Naples.
- Charlie’s Crab, Clams & Seafood will open soon in the former Cider Press location at Piper’s Crossing retail center.
- St. Germain Steakhouse will open in Stoney’s location in Naples’ Bayfront.
- Henning’s Chicago Kitchen is relocating to La Bamba’s space in Naples.
- Deep Lagoon Seafood will open in the former Randy’s location in North Naples.
- Ocean Prime will open in the former spaces of Avenue5 and McCabe’s Irish Pub at the Inn on Fifth in downtown Naples.
- Jimmy P’s Burgers & More will open in the former location of French American Bistro in Piper’s Crossing.
- Tacos & Tequila Cantina – in July opened another branch in North Naples.
- Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche – in July opened its third area location in North Naples.
- Cafe Gourmand – in July opened on U.S. 41 in North Naples
- Szechuan Chinese Restaurant – in July moved to Naples Towne Center in East Naples.
- Smoothie King moved to Immokalee Rd, North Naples.
- New York Pizza & Pasta – in August opened in Cameron Commons just east of Collier Blvd.
- BurgerFi came to Creekside Corners at Goodlette-Frank Road, also in August.
- The Rusty Putter bar and grill launched in Ave Maria in August
- Primo Hoagies opened its first location in North Naples
- Le Macaron French Pastries opened another location in Coconut Point in Estero
- Purple Spoon began cooking demonstrations, classes and weekly chef dinners in the Prado at Spring Creek retail center
- Twisted Tangle Cafe brought its Southern-style barbeque to Old 41 Rd next to the Everglades Wonder Gardens.
Lee County Dining – Openings and Closings
- 3 Pepper Burrito Co. plans two more locations in Lee County. The Cape Coral-based fast-casual, taco-burrito joint recently opened next to Publix at 6900 Daniels Parkway near the intersection of Six Mile Cypress Parkway in south Fort Myers, and plans additional spots on College Parkway and First Street in Fort Myers. For more information, visit 3pepperburrito.com.
- Bunfire, the Fort Myers-based, fast-food Mexican restaurant, known for its fresh $1 tacos and convenience-store locales, opened in May in the Valero gas station at 16971 Alico Mission Way in south Fort Myers. The space formerly housed Marta’s Cuban Café. For more information, visit Bunfire.com.
- La Poblanita opened in May in the former Carmencita’s Tacos y Tamales space at 12145 S. Cleveland Ave. in south Fort Myers. A restaurant and market, La Poblanita offers chile rellenos, ceviche and the Mexican-style meatballs known as albondigas. It is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sundays. Call 239-208-2716 for more info.
- The Fish & Vine opened in mid-April at 12901 McGregor Blvd. in the restaurant-rich Bridge Plaza. Described as a high-end restaurant with a full-liquor bar, The Fish & Vine is open 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sundays.
- Blanc, a new restaurant featuring upscale small plates, opened in April in the former Oyster Shell space at 13451 McGregor Blvd., suite 10, in south Fort Myers.
- First Watch recently opened at 10021 University Plaza Drive at Gulf Coast Town Center in San Carlos Park.
- Tropical Smoothie Café opened a new location this summer at 16240 Summerlin Road, suite 310, in south Fort Myers.
- Sub Zero, an ice cream and yogurt shop that uses nitrogen to freeze orders, opened May 27 in south Fort Myers. The new Sub Zero location is next to Five Guys at 16230 Summerlin Road.
- Skip One Seafood closed its San Carlos Boulevard location in May, and expanded its longtime U.S. 41 store.
- Yabo closed in late May after nine years in business in south Fort Myers.