Hertz has shared images with The News-Press of its new global headquarters in Estero.
Prior to the Nov. 9 webcast, the company will issue a press release detailing the company’s financial results and will file its SEC Form 10-Q for the period later in the day.
The new $100 million Hertz campus in Estero has a lot to offer.
- The office and retail center, which has been been taking shape over the past year, is loaded with amenities.
- It’s built to be environmentally friendly.
- It has a great location in a hot-growth area.
- Features include solar panels for energy generation, a gutter system that allows for rain capture and reuse, and an interior courtyard, fitness center and day care.
What follows is an overview of the campus:
- Total cost: $100 million, including land purchase.
- Financials: $84 million in tax credits and economic incentives from Lee County and the state.
- Location: Southeast corner of U.S. 41 and Williams Road, Estero.
- Property: 34.5 acres.
- Building size: 248,600 square feet over three stories.
Notable feature: Headquarters structure is covered in glass.
Going green: The building is designed to achieve LEED Gold certification, a designation of the U.S. Green Building Council. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design. Gold is the second highest level of certification, behind only platinum level.
Key components: Energy-efficient lighting and equipment, recycled materials and finishes, solar panels and water-saving fixtures.
Solar: The roof of the parking garage has 2,300 solar panels, expected to produce more than 8 percent of total energy used in the building.
Water: Gutter system allows water to run off the solar panels into rain-capturing bins for reuse.
Amenities: Interior courtyard, fitness center, day care, dining area, bike racks, electric car charging stations, outdoor walking/jogging trails
Inside: Open-office concept, designed to cultivate a sense of collaboration and community. There is an abundance of natural light.
Where employees have been working: Temporary office space in Naples and Bonita Springs.
Number of employees moving to headquarters: 650
Number of job openings locally: 67
Elsewhere in the area: Hertz has in-terminal locations at Southwest Florida International Airport and 27 rental car locations between Fort Myers and Marco Island.
Source: credit to News-press.com