Pelican Preserve in Fort Myers, Florida is a master-planned community for those 55 and better. This 1,100 acre gated golf course community is a botanical paradise located just off I-75, within 15 miles of downtown Ft Myers and 40 miles north of Naples.
Construction at Pelican Preserve began in 2001, and at that time the community was known as Sun City Fort Myers. In 2003 the name was changed to Pelican Preserve. This exciting community offers something for every lifestyle and budget, from spacious condominiums and carriage homes to attached villas and single-family homes. Upon completion, Pelican Preserve will have a total of 2,500 residences.
Pelican Preserve was one of the first residential communities in the world awarded the Gold Seal of Sustainability from Audoban International’s Sustainable Development program. In addition, its golf course, which was designed by Chip Powell, has received the Audobon International Gold Signature Certification.
Pelican Preserve Amenities
At the heart of Pelican Preserve is the 70,000 square-foot Plaza Del Sol clubhouse, which is the hub of social activity. This village-like setting offers an abundance of indoor and outdoor amenities for residents. Indoor amenities include a state-of-the-art fitness center, computer room, aerobics and dance studio, ceramics and art studio, card room, game room, hobby shop, 100-seat movie theater and banquet hall for dances. Residents can also enjoy lunch and dinner, indoors or al fresco, with their friends and neighbors at the on-site Destinations Restaurant.
Outdoors, Pelican Preserve residents swim in the resort-style pool and enjoy a refreshing smoothie from Frescos at Soleil juice bar. Active adults can also stay fit by playing at one of the many courts including basketball, pickleball, volleyball, and softball. There is also lawn bowling, an outdoor amphitheater and sand beach area. In addition, Pelican Preserve has a 38-acre nature preserve with a beautiful butterfly garden as well as a garden area and fishing pier.
Of course there is also the Pelican Preserve Golf Club. Not only does this golf course offer 27 holes of championship golf with striking fairways, it also has its own 24,485 square-foot clubhouse with additional amenities available to its members. Besides an extensive golf pro shop, this clubhouse also has its own state-of-the-art fitness center with private day spa, full-service dining room and bar, Spoonbills restaurant, and a ballroom.
Pelican Preserve Homes & Real Estate
Homebuyers at Pelican Preserve in Ft. Myers, FL can choose from a variety of home styles that include condos, carriage homes, attached villas and single-family homes. Condos are the most affordable option and range from 1,229 to 1,450 square feet. The condos are housed in four story mid-rise buildings with elevators and balconies. They have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two assigned carport spots.
- Carriage Homes offer 1,710 or 2,376 square feet of living space. These models are offered in two level buildings with four units per building. Each model offers three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
- Cottage Homes are attached homes that offer 1,078 to 1,557 square feet of living space with two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. The Cottage Homes come in duplex pairs with side entry. The Areca model is the only floor plan available as new construction.
- Villa Homes range from 1,278 to 1,916 square feet. Homes offer two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These quaint homes are available on a new and resale basis.
- Grand Villas range from 1,743 to 3,275 square feet of living space. These homes offer two to three bedrooms, two to four-and-a-half bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. They are available on a new and resale basis.
- Classic Homes range from 1,823 to 2,986 square feet with two to four bedrooms, two to four bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These models offer master suites with private bathrooms. Classic Homes are available on a new and resale basis.
- The Grand Cottage Collection offers three floor plans ranging from 1,879 to 1,952 square feet of living space with two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These models offer open floor plans with covered lanais great for entertaining guests. Grand Cottages are available on a resale-only basis.
- Estate Homes offer the largest models ranging between 2,701 and 3,093 square feet of living space with two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two or three-car garage. These models offer great designs and open floor plans.
Pelican Preserve Lifestyle
Pelican Preserve offers a luxurious resort-style living that is affordable for almost any budget. All residents of Pelican Preserve have the same access to all the amenities in the Plaza Del Sol clubhouse, whether they opt for intimate condos or choose the most prestigious estate homes. Plus, active adults of Pelican Preserve can also opt for membership in the Golf Club to utilize those additional amenities.
With a full calendar of activities and events, socializing is never a problem. There are aerobics and exercise classes, arts and crafts studio activities, bunco nights, movie nights, outdoor concerts, pool parties, nature walks, brunch festivities, and holiday parties and other related events. A full-time activity director and amenity managers make sure all is taken care of for residents to enjoy their leisure time in Pelican Preserve.
Fort Myers and Fort Myers Beach are nearby and offer a dazzling array of activities and attractions. Residents can enjoy Broadway musicals at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Center or discover treasures at the Gulf Coast Town Center. Sports fans can catch the Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox spring training or a high-energy hockey game. Boca Grande offers world-class fishing and several beaches as well as Sanibel Island and Captiva Island are about 30 miles away. Pelican Preserve has plenty to offer active adults living in Lee County, Florida.
Pelican Preserve Real Estate Listings
Map of Pelican Preserve